Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am usually a peaceful person

So I like to think of myself as usually approaching things with a Buddhist mindset.  You know, peaceful.  I cover spiders with a cup and throw them outside.  I love watching the squirrels outside and dont mind them in the bird feeder.  I stop to notice the sunset and love when my kids do that same.  I take deep breaths before reacting.  When I saw a mouse in the garage I just prayed it would find nothing and move on to greener pastures.  But I was unpacking more things from the basement and when I found a large hole in the blanket a family friend, that has since passed away from cancer, crocheted for me, that was an obvious attempt at making a warm little place to spend the winter, I got angry.  SO, yesterday I did a very unBuddhist like thing.  I bought mouse traps....

But I did again pray that the little guy knew what I was doing and would run for the hills in search once again for those greener pastures.  I cut small, tasty looking pieces of cheese and carefully placed them in the little tray of the traps, hoping to not catch any thing, but still a part of me needed that mouse to die.  I carried the traps down stairs to set them and WHAP! caught my own thumb.  If its not broken, it at least is very bruised!  I guess thats what I get for wishing death on a mouse.

Yes, I still reset the trap....

3 comments:

JulieNBrad said...

Craaaapp! Ouch Jill! That sucks!! I had a close call with losing a finger nail the other day, but I bet it didn't hurt nearly as bad as slamming your thumb in a mouse trap! I feel sympathy if that little mouse dies, but I feel worse for your poor thumb! :)

Toni said...

Nicely written Jill . . .

Toni said...

Nicely written Jill . . .

Toni